NRI is one of Canada’s leading distribution service providers, headquartered in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. The majority of our clients are American and European manufacturers of premium apparel and equipment in the active lifestyle market. We are now in the process of becoming a leading North American solution. As a result we have expanded south to Los Angeles and are now opening two facilities in Surrey, BC. We are looking for great people that want to be part of our growth and success.
Human Resources Coordinator – Surrey Facility
Under the direction of the Human Resources Supervisor, the Human Resources Coordinator will enable a culture of excellence through the design and implementation of various Human Resources related programs that align with departmental objectives and the organization’s vision, mission and values. Will also oversee our formal Occupational Health and Safety program, ensuring we maintain compliance with all WCB regulations and exercising appropriate due diligence measures with regards to safety in the workplace.
The individual will be responsible for the following activities including (but not limited to):
- Managing the ICT recruitment process.
- Maintaining and coordinating NRI’s Safety Program.
- Working with Operations to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supporting and driving NRI’s culture by coordinating Social Responsibility activities.
- Initiates, develops, and executes a wide range of communication messages and programs.
- Assisting with the administration of and providing training and education for NRI’s benefits program.
- Designing and facilitating the delivery of professional development and operational training programs for all departments.
- Supporting the Human Resources function by performing other duties related to human resources
- Providing frequent functional advice and guidance with full control responsibilities for maintaining standards.
- Consulting with and/or coordinating activities with external contacts.
Qualifications and experience required are as follows:
- Recognized post-secondary diploma
- A CHRP designation is an asset
- 1 – 3 years of HR experience
Skills, abilities and expectations:
- Ensures consistent implementation and adherence to the high standard of culture and ethical values of the company.
- The ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Problems or situations are different and require interpretation. Use judgment to identify the most appropriate solution from several options using prior knowledge and experience.
- Responsibilities and objectives are assigned with considerable freedom for decision making using technical or experiential knowledge and company standards. Work may be periodically reviewed according to achievement of predefined goals.
- Decisions have a significant effect extending to other shifts and departments. Decisions would result in significant gain or loss to internal operations, other employees, client services, achievement of objectives or public image.
Compensation is commensurate with education, experience, skills and abilities. To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume via fax or e-mail to the attention of Carly Gordon, HR Supervisor, no later than May 22, 2012. Fax: (250) 573-1829 OR E-Mail: email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however, only individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on NRI please visit us at www.nri-distribution.com