NRI is one of Canada’s leading distribution service providers, headquartered in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. The majority of our clients are American and European manufacturers of premium apparel and equipment in the active lifestyle market. We are now in the process of becoming a leading North American solution. As a result we have expanded south to Los Angeles and are now opening two facilities in Surrey, BC. We are looking for great people that want to be part of our growth and success.
Production Supervisor – Surrey Facility
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, or his or her designate, provides direction and support to the Coordinators and Inventory Control Technicians and ensures effective functioning of the warehouse.
Directly Supervises non-supervisory personnel:
- Ensures daily tasks are allocated effectively and timelines, deadlines, and daily production goals are met, using the information provided by the Customer Service Representatives and the Operations Manager.
- Communicates and monitors daily and monthly production goals and achievements to all employees in the warehouse.
- Provides feedback to Operations Manager around floor space and manpower issues.
- Communicates with CSRs around manpower and special orders and “must ships”.
- Ensures accuracy and participates in counts of goods to meet audit or inventory control requirements.
- Authorizes vacations, leaves, and shift changes for warehouse staff while ensuring production will not be impacted.
- Maintains and approves computerized and manual records relating to staffing levels, timekeeping, production, and safety.
- Mentors and develops the warehouse staff.
- Identifies performance and expectation gaps and facilitates resolution through formal and informal mechanisms, creating and issuing corrective actions when necessary.
- Participates in the performance review process for direct reports, and puts forth wage recommendations for final approval by the Operations Manager.
- Performs selected HR duties, including involvement in the recruitment and selection process.
- Opens and closes the facilities as required and maintains security measures for the facilities.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures that all safety and operating procedures are followed by all employees at all times.
- 1-3 Years of Supervisory Experience
- Recognize post-secondary certificate (10 months)
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ensures integrity and adherence to the ethical values of the company
- Basic MS Office skills Problems or situations are different and require interpretation. Use judgment to identify the most appropriate solution from several options using prior knowledge and experience
- Responsibilities and objectives are assigned with considerable freedom for decision making using technical or experiential knowledge and company standards (GOS). Work may be periodically reviewed according to achievement of predefined goals.
- Decisions have a significant effect extending to other shifts or departments. Decisions would result in significant gain or loss to internal operations, other employees, client services, achievement of objectives or public image.
Compensation is commensurate with education, experience, skills and abilities. To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume via fax or e-mail to the attention of Tamara Carson, HR Advisor, no later than May 11, 2012. Fax: (250) 573-1829 OR E-Mail: email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however, only individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on NRI please visit us at www.nri-distribution.com